View Single Post
Old 12-19-2012, 05:49 PM   #5
cubanstogie
Head Coach

Member Number: 3082
Default Re: Ben Is Alowed To Complain!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictoryFormation View Post
A big part of the Steeler’s woes this season stems from the inability to execute well on offense. This should not be! The Steelers have, perhaps, the most talented quarterback in the NFL, today. They have a good crew of running backs, and receivers, as well. It's true, this year, there has been an abnormal amount of injuries to the offensive line, but the depth is there, so it hasn’t been an overwhelming factor.

No, the problem lies with the coaches, mainly Todd Haley. The offensive game planning, and the play calling, more often than not, was not appropriate for the situation, and did not work. We need to thank Ben Roethlisberger for having the balls to change some of the poorly chosen plays that Todd Haley sent in, replacing them with plays that did work, and scored points. Otherwise, we might be talking about the high choices that we are going to get in next year’s draft.
After the loss to Dallas, Ben, inadvertently, spoke out in the media, passing some of the blame off of the team, and himself, putting it were it belonged, on Todd Haley’s head. For this, he was reprimanded by Mike Tomlin, and Todd Haley. He was, unjustly, forced to humble himself by apologizing in the media. Mike Tomlin, and Todd Haley should be thanking their lucky stars that he did that. By all that is right, they should both be on their knees, in front of Ben Roethlisberger, kissing his Super Bowl Rings.
I used to stick up for Arians a bit until I gave up. Mainly because It wasn't that I thought he was great, I just didn't think he was the reason our offense was underachieving. I kept saying execution. Last couple of years IMO it was poor O line performance. This year the lack of execution stands out more. Heath Miller, Ben and Pouncey are the only guys you can count on to execute consistently. You cant blame Haley for the turnover ratio the last few games, and the dropped passes. I do like our receiving corps, but when was the last time anyone besides Heath held onto a ball up the middle after a big hit. Dropped every time. I think after BA left, everyone thought we would put up 30 a game and be able to run the ball. The line is better even with all the injuries, problem is we don't have a dominate RB, and at the beginning of the year we all proclaimed the Steelers receivers as best corps in league(my self included). So far not the case, very average. Ben has had a great year, but not MVP IMO. This team needs to play mistake free to win and unfortunately they make way too many. Ben had a chance to lead his team to victory on the road in OT and didn't respond. He has nothing to complain about.
cubanstogie is offline   Reply With Quote