View Single Post
Old 12-20-2012, 05:21 PM   #17
GoFor7
Banned

Member Number: 24211
Default Re: GREG COSELL: Haley & Big Ben

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanda10506 View Post
My major (and pretty much only) problem with Haley is that everybody is running a short route. When i watch the coach's film, often times we have EVERY WR/TE/RB running a route of 7 yards or less. I'm not talking about the screen's or trick type plays, I'm talking about every 1st and 2nd down. When I re-watched last game we literally had 4 plays where every target ran a route less then 5 yards. Throw it down field sometimes!! I'm not talking about deep balls, but it is called a "forward" pass, throw it down field 10-15 yards so we can actually get a first down on 1st or 2nd. And run it outside sometimes, running up the gut is not working well. If our WR's could hang on to the ball and Haley would get some routes down field this offense would be top notch.
It's simple - it's because they're scared. They worry to much about what could go wrong, so they dumb down all their strengths. "Oh no! Ben could get hurt if he throws deep!" "Oh no! It could fall incomplete!" "Oh no! It could get intercepted!" "Oh no! We won't look like the team from the 70's if we do that!"

It's chicken shit, small ball, scared football. The defense does the same with the 10 yard cushions and "tackle the catch." No big plays are being made for this Steeler team because they worry more about what could go wrong. Who has won a super bowl playing like that?
GoFor7 is offline   Reply With Quote