Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24108
Thanked 21,535 Times in 8,891 Posts
My Mood: Dead
Default Re: GREG COSELL: Haley & Big Ben

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoFor7 View Post
This team was still underachieving in scoring offense before anyone went down with an injury
I would say that it was decent... slightly better than last year, but truthfully, not as good as anyone would want. That number dropped signifcantly in BB's absence.

Quote:
When you're more concerned with TOP and grinding down the clock
Again, where did you read this? see this? hear this?

Haley stated that his goals were to protect BB (in his initial press conference),a nd he has doen that. I have never once read that his main goal was TOP.

Quote:
You hate him because he didn't make this offense look like the offense from the early 70's.
Putting words in other people's mouths. I have yet to read ANYONE say anything like that. (We hate him for different reasons.)

Quote:
The truth is they lead the league in TOP last year, they averaged 4.4 yds/carry on running plays, and they were good at moving the ball in between the 20's. Where the Arians offense failed is where this offense still fails - scoring. Too many field goals, not enough TDs.
You repeated yourself, and I shall do the same: I would say that it was decent... slightly better than last year, but truthfully, not as good as anyone would want. That number dropped signifcantly in BB's absence.

Quote:
No killer instinct, just a team that plays scared.
I am going to believe what Greg Cosell said about this team... because, he is a respected professional who makes objective remarks after film study. No stats; just film. He says the offense was on the right track... and I agree with him.
teegre is offline   Reply With Quote