Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24108
Thanked 18,675 Times in 7,883 Posts
My Mood: Dead
Default Re: GREG COSELL: Haley & Big Ben

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoFor7 View Post
You mean it isn't blatantly obvious the Steelers are overly concerned with TOP? Where do I see it? I see it in the way they play. I see it when Wallace is only sent a few yards down field. I see it when they try to run up the middle on 1st and 2nd downs. I've heard in Tomlin's press conferences earlier in the season, something along the lines of "we want to possess the ball."

You can site stats or talk about the mandate to protect Ben all you want, but what matters most is 20th in scoring and 7-7. The team needs a change in offensive philosophy. Instead of fearing the quick strike teams, they need to become one.
MAIN GOAL
I’m sure Tomlin’s mentioned “possessing” the ball, because that is generally a topic of discussion about one’s offense. I am also sure that he has mentioned touchdowns… and points… and converting third downs… and not fumbling… and blocking. All of those items come up in post-game interviews… so, what exactly is your point???

You aver that the MAIN goal of this offense is TOP, but I have never heard anyone say that. Whereas, I have indeed heard them say that their main goal is to prolong BB’s career. Less sacks = goal achieved.

Wait… you watched tape. Oh…

Again, I’m going to take the word of the highly respected professional: Greg Cosell.

STATS
Again, Cosell is not about stats; he is ONLY about film. Thus, once again, I am going to agree with his assessment of the offense.

RECORD
6-3 before BB's injury.
teegre is offline   Reply With Quote