steeltheone
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 6351
Default Re: Any updates on Sean Spence?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riddle_Of_Steel View Post
^^^^ This.

I started a thread on this before-- I cannot understand why Foote has never cozied up with the Steelers fanbase. He has never gotten the respect he is due around here.

He has only been a solid ILB for the league's best defense the last 10 years and helped us to get to and win 2 Superbowls.

He is still our best run-stuffer, our of the many LBers on our roster. Timmons is great in coverage, and has stepped up his game this year, but he used to get bulldozed like that routinely.

Foote also had to take over Potsie's playcalling duties-- which is HUGE. And we are still the #1 defense by a margin.
I believe Foote has never gotten respect because he was the weakest link in a very good defense. He has always been a lunch pail carrying, show up everyday, give 100% type of player, but he is not a pro bowler and has weaknesses that can be seen by the average fan.

The Foote type of player is valuable on any NFL roster. you can't win without that type of player!