View Single Post
Old 12-21-2012, 08:31 PM   #15
tanda10506
Team President

Member Number: 17319
Default Re: James Harrison: I now hit guys in the knees

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaii 5-0 View Post
I don't think it's so much the pussification of America as it is that we live in such a litigious society where everyone is deathly afraid of getting sued.
It's both. No doubt the runaway lawsuits have "pussified" the country, but there is seemingly a movement to pussify men in this country and it starts at a young age. Boys in school are encouraged to not do anything that all of us guys here did at a young age. I remember playing with cap guns outside with my brother in BDU"s we bought from an Army surplus store (we had 98 acres) then we'd come in and make model cars. At school we played sports or a brutal game of tag where someone was sure to get hurt every time. Now the elementary school that my young brother in-law goes to is talking about doing away with all sports and chasing games at recess. Wtf?

As for Harrison, he was just saying it how it is. Sure he didn't need to specify where he's hitting them, but after all that is the only place you can hit somebody and ensure that you don't get find for a player that ducks when you go to hit them in the chest. Anybody who's not a Steeler fan is going to say that it's stupid for him to say that or that he's doing it on purpose trying to blow out knees, but that's not the case. He's not willing to continue to take a hit in the pocket book just because somebody shifts as he's about to hit them, so he tackles the only way that he can 100% avoid that problem. Don't blame him, blame the dumbass who made the rules which actually encourage players to hit in the knees by giving frivolous fine's for any hit that is "too hard" or allegedly is helmet to helmet.