Old 12-23-2012, 04:16 PM   #7
Millers the sh!t
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 22201
My Mood: Cheeky
Default Re: just curious

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomJB93 View Post
This has nothing to do with Tomlin being a bad coach and this has nothing to do with Haley being a bad OC. The Broncos, Cowboys, and Bungals losses are direct results of Ben making boneheaded decisions when the game was on the line in his hands. The Raiders loss was all on the defense, which hadn't hit its stride yet and obviously improved into an elite (when healthy) unit soon after. The Browns loss was an anomaly because of all the ridiculous turnovers and Batch being rusty. The Ravens loss was on special teams and Ben being injured. The only loss I'd blame Tomlin for is the Titans loss where going for the ridiculous field goal was ill advised.

I'm tired of idiots trying to run Tomlin out of town for one or two bad seasons. The guy's here for the long haul. He's taken us to two Super Bowls and won one. There's no better coach out there for us. This season was a combination of injuries (Ben, OLine, Ike, Troy, Harrison, Woodley), personnel issues (RB, CB), outright poor play (Wallace, Brown, Ben, backup CBs), and maybe one or two ill-advised decisions by Tomlin. Every coach makes some stupid gambles that don't pay off, but nobody gets completely scapegoated for it as the only reason for a team's failure like Tomlin does around here.

Consistently losing against bad teams equals bad coaching. Fundamentals lost us this season. Every loss was an ugly loss because we gave those games away. Week after week we'd shoot ourselves in the foot with being unprepared and ridiculous turnovers and in game decisions. Get a clue man. Tomlin ain't nothing special as a coach. Hes turning a legacy of a franchise into a joke. Be prepared for more of the same next season. Have your excuses locked and ready next season when we lose to more bottom feeder teams. Wake up man...