View Single Post
Old 12-23-2012, 05:54 PM   #14
tanda10506
Team President

Member Number: 17319
Default Re: just curious

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomJB93 View Post
This has nothing to do with Tomlin being a bad coach and this has nothing to do with Haley being a bad OC. The Broncos, Cowboys, and Bungals losses are direct results of Ben making boneheaded decisions when the game was on the line in his hands. The Raiders loss was all on the defense, which hadn't hit its stride yet and obviously improved into an elite (when healthy) unit soon after. The Browns loss was an anomaly because of all the ridiculous turnovers and Batch being rusty. The Ravens loss was on special teams and Ben being injured. The only loss I'd blame Tomlin for is the Titans loss where going for the ridiculous field goal was ill advised.

I'm tired of idiots trying to run Tomlin out of town for one or two bad seasons. The guy's here for the long haul. He's taken us to two Super Bowls and won one. There's no better coach out there for us. This season was a combination of injuries (Ben, OLine, Ike, Troy, Harrison, Woodley), personnel issues (RB, CB), outright poor play (Wallace, Brown, Ben, backup CBs), and maybe one or two ill-advised decisions by Tomlin. Every coach makes some stupid gambles that don't pay off, but nobody gets completely scapegoated for it as the only reason for a team's failure like Tomlin does around here.
Are you kidding me? Today had nothing to do with Tomlin or Haley? In that case today and all our other losses due to a lack of offense have nothing to do with Tomlin or Haley. Why stop there, let's just follow that logic to the fullest, no struggling offense has ever been the fault of the OC or the HC.

Back to reality, I agree with the many others who say one play does not make the game. Sure Ben basically handed the opponent another game at the end, but the offense couldn't move the ball all game. If the offense could have just got 5 yards after Allen's INT then that game winning FG would have just been a game tying FG. If they could have at least managed to make a small drive on either of their last 2 drives and get a FG there, then Ben's play wouldn't have mattered at all. Yes Ben's throw sealed the deal, but it was the offense as a whole that cost us the game. That offense is led by Haley and his boss is Tomlin, so yes there are clear coaching problems.