View Single Post
Old 12-23-2012, 05:31 PM   #18
tanda10506
Team President

Member Number: 17319
Default Re: This loss stung less than any to me

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersCanada View Post
Yep, largely the same team that went 24 - 8 is average. Give me a break.

This team isn't average, but we've been ravaged by injuries. Before you say "SO HAVE THE COWBOYS AND RAVENS", stop. They haven't even been close to the extent of our injuries so that argument is ridiculous. Sure, they've lost starters but in the case of the Cowboys - that defense is largely average players. Losing them isn't comparable to losing someone like Troy, Ike or Woodley.

The amount of Pro Bowl guys we've lost is beyond ridiculous and the way they've been injured is almost just as ridiculous. The shitty luck we hit every 3 years is almost like Whisenhunt cursed us with some kind of voodoo for not hiring him. This season has been marred and run off course by these injuries and the fact that we're 7 - 7 shouldn't really surprise anyone. I want someone to show me a team that loses half of it's Pro Bowl defensive roster and franchise quarterback that still controls it's own destiny for making the playoffs. I'll wait, I really will.

People need to realize that when we were 6 - 3, we were one of the best - if not the best - team in football at that time. Let's call her a mulligan, draft well and win a title next year.
The Ravens have been just as injured or more, what the hell are you talking about? LeDarius Webb and Lewis out for the season, Ngata with a lingering injury, Suggs missing the first half and playing with one arm in the second, a bunch of O line injuries, yes they are just as injured or worse then we are.

As for the topic, it did sting less for me because I haven't been expecting us to win since losing to SD. That was a blemish on this organization. We had a chance to come out and win 4 games against teams that we were better then and our players came out like lazy asses after beating Baltimore. That could have been a huge turning point for the team, getting that big win with Batch, but instead they came out like it didn't matter. The 05 team came out after a big win and played with just as much intensity the next game, winning 8 in a row. When this team came out looking like they didn't give a damn I lost confidence in them, well that mixed with losses to Tennessee, Oakland, and Cleveland. It didn't matter either way, we weren't going to go beat Denver/Houston/NE or any combination of playoff teams like that in their house, we can't even win in ours against scrubs.