View Single Post
Old 12-23-2012, 07:04 PM   #2
steve314
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 15690
Default Re: A Bit Confused Over The Hate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkstorm05 View Post
The entire second half of the season the forum was swamped with people saying the Steelers don't deserve a playoff spot, or even that they don't want the Steelers in the playoffs. Now that we're eliminated, these people have their wish, yet they aren't happy. Instead they're mostly on here attacking fans who preferred to cheer for the team to win.

I don't really understand this mentality. You got the record you hoped for this season. Shouldn't you be celebrating this, since it's what you professed to want? Instead, just more bitching, but now aiming the hate at other fans.
Can't speak for others, but I was disappointed in the Steelers this year, not just in the second half of the year, but in the sloppy losses to bad teams starting in week 3. I wasn't wishing that they missed the playoffs, but wishing for a forum where people could be critical of the Steelers when they aren't playing well. Now that the people who predicted missed playoffs were right, there is some "I told you so" going around, just as there would've been the other way, with the optimists saying that the Negative Nancies were foolish and wrong to give up too soon etc., if the Steelers had somehow made the playoffs.

I'd definitely rather the Steelers win than my being right, though!
steve314 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to steve314 For This Useful Post:
AndyWitmyer (12-23-2012), EbonySteel86 (12-23-2012)