View Single Post
Old 12-23-2012, 08:08 PM   #15
Steelers5895
Starter

Member Number: 23994
Default Re: Off Season Moves

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersCanada View Post
I just explained to you why we won't draft one in the first round. Again, they wouldn't have kept Ta'amu if they thought they could just replace him, especially after all his legal issues. Obviously they see something in him and thought it was worth it despite the bad PR it was bringing them. We have bigger needs than NT on this defense. When McLendon is on the field, he requires two guys - Hampton doesn't anymore. We have bigger and much more pressing needs than NT - a position we have two young and explosive guys at.

Regarding Wallace - he rarely took the top off defenses because under Haley's system, he's required to run underneath routes and intermediate gains - something he isn't good at. Square peg, round hole.

I didn't mean to "put you down", but you have to look at our actual needs and who we have on our roster behind our veteran guys and see their production and potential. NT isn't a need, but OLB, ILB and FS/SS are.
i hear you but i thought they released Ta amu. McClendon isnt the answer. if he was he would be in there more than hampton was.

this offseaosn will be interesting. with out age the window is closing
Steelers5895 is offline   Reply With Quote