View Single Post
Old 12-23-2012, 10:26 PM   #9
PhantomJB93
Team President

Member Number: 13907
My Mood: Drunk
Default Re: Tomlin Getting Bad Rap

People keep saying he lives off Cowher's players. I think a lot of people forget Cowher had his run of failure as well and several of those same players were a result of drafting early (Hampton and Polamalu) while others being credited to Cowher never developed into great players until Tomlin came around (Harrison, Clark, Keisel). Tomlin hasn't had the benefit of drafting early and the only time he has, I'd say he knocked it out of the park (Pouncey).

I really can't believe Tomlin gets as much hate as he does. He's to blame for some of the suckfest that happened this year but so is the lack of effort and focus by seveal of the players, and not to mention the injuries, and it's not like firing him is going to magically bring in the perfect coach and everything is going to be great again. Tomlin is a top-7, probably a top-5 coach, and the reason we are one of the top consistent, successful franchises is that we don't give up on our players and coaches the second one bad season comes around. Other teams fire their coaches and trade their players when that happens, and it sets them back years as a result. That's what losing teams do and it's what fairweather fans want. It's not the Steeler way.
PhantomJB93 is offline   Reply With Quote