View Single Post
Old 12-23-2012, 10:31 PM   #1
desertsteel
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 915
Default Why did we go 1-5 down the stretch?

Seems pretty clear to me. We lost 5 out of the last 6 because of FAILURE at the QB position. The first 3 Ben was out and the lone win was the result of Batch's stellar performance. The last 3, all losses, Ben played putrid. In clutch situations he CHOKED every time. And throughout the games, the offense was quite frankly offensive. Pathetic.

You can call for Tomlin to be fired, bitch about Haley's offense, complain about the D's lack of turnovers and sacks, or whine about the injuries to the O line all you want. But the absolute truth is that we lost 5 of 6 because of failure at the QB position. I don't know what was wrong with Ben the past 3 weeks. He didn't seem to have lingering effects from the injury. Maybe he was distracted by being a new father. Whatever the cause, the QB position is the one thing that let us down.

I mean after all, Tomlin is who he is. He didn't change the past 5 weeks. No one has been happy with the O Coordinator for the past several years and the O line is always banged up. The QB position is the root cause of this collapse.
desertsteel is offline   Reply With Quote