View Single Post
Old 12-24-2012, 02:58 PM   #16
TRH
Living Legend

Member Number: 17206
Default Re: Next week's "Wallce and Mendy pack their sh!7" bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkstorm05 View Post
Both will return next year. Mendenhall didn't put up the type of season that gets you a big contract elsewhere, and the team has reached out to him, which they NEVER do during the season. He'll be back.

Wallace has gone downhill the past 1.5 years. Nobody else in the league thought he was worth a #1 last year, and he has worked hard to prove them right. He'll test the waters, and sign a deal about the same as the one Brown took with us to stay here, because that's all he'll get.

I'm on the fence about the team's bringing back Mendenhall. That one could easily go either way - i'd probably lean toward the team letting him go if i had to guess.

As for Wallace : won't be back. Gone.
Ranking receivers doesn't matter a bit. Plenty of teams throughout the NFL spend recklessly : and they will continue to do so. He'll have NO problem getting a big contract, a bigger one than he'd ever get here.
Whether he's not the perfect fit here, or whether Haley's system doesn't cater to him to the utmost degree - we can all argue that til the cows come home.
Bottom line : its not a great fit and we now have TONS - and tons - and tons of money we need to spend elsewhere.
TRH is offline   Reply With Quote