View Single Post
Old 12-24-2012, 02:09 PM   #32
TRH
Living Legend

Member Number: 17206
Default Re: Why did we go 1-5 down the stretch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Arians View Post
no running game after adams/colon got injured

you can't be 1 dimensional in today's offense, unless you have unbelievable talent at qb (rodgers/brady/manning). ben is good but simply not as good as those 3
i watched a number of games from each of the 3 this year. Manning & Brady are so ever blessed with stellar offensive lines - giving them all day and a nap to sit back there and throw - it actually sickens me to watch.

Rogers didn't have that blessing this year. He was sacked more than any of them. But he continually throws very quick slants to keep defenses on their toes.
Haley started the first half of this year doing just that. And it seemed to be working for Ben, just as it does for Rogers. But then - suddenly and mysteriously - we abandoned that (just as we did the run game) and switched Ben into "drop back passing" - where he of course got crushed and swarmed on again.

I still put Ben in with those other guys. I directly point to our shoddy OL play (and injuries) this year and Haley's second half of the season brain-freeze. Don't expect this to continue next year. Changes will obviously be made. Tomlin specifically pointed out offensive non-execution, so play-calling strategies are going to be a very hot number behind the scenes here.
TRH is offline   Reply With Quote