View Single Post
Old 12-24-2012, 02:42 PM   #37
TheVet
Assistant Coach

Space Invaders Champion! Snake Champion! Simon Champion! Speartoss 5 Shots Champion!
Member Number: 24040
Default Re: Why did we go 1-5 down the stretch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blonde Bomber View Post
The lack of a solid running game hurt us. I am glad we got a look at what Dwyer and Redman so there were no false hopes. I am not sure whatever happened to the Mendenhall that hit the line hard, but I am tired of seeing him dance at the line. A good running game opens up so many possibilities for the QB and Wideouts, hell even Weeden and his WR's looked decent when Richardson was having a good game.

After the last few weeks, I had to keep reminding myself that even a decent running game would keep the chains moving and start beating their Defense down, instead of it being the other way around. Our wide receivers would be the envy of many teams if we could actually sell some play action pass.
I'm not sure what you're referring to. Mendenhall has never hit the line hard. Never, ever. Dancing is his thing.

Also, Dwyer and Redman both showed more than enough to say goodbye to that physically gifted, but underachieving headcase. Dwyer and Redman both have proven they can outproduce Mendy just based on desire and effort.
TheVet is offline   Reply With Quote