Old 12-24-2012, 09:55 PM   #22
zcoop
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 20513
Default Re: Next week's "Wallce and Mendy pack their sh!7" bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelerchad View Post
Haley's offense was starting to click until Ben the KC game, when Ben got hurt. It never got back on track from that point on.
Receivers dropped balls and fumbled far too often to have the sustained drives needed to make this offense work.
2 things the offense was doing that it never did under Arians was keep Ben upright and use Heath Miller as a receiving threat.
There were 2 turning points for this season. The Cincy game in October had things heading in the right direction and then the KC game and Ben's injury turned in back downward. We were surviving all of the other injuries, but losing Ben and the fact that he is never right when he comes back was the death blow for this team this year.
Okay, I'll seek to understand your logic. Offense was clicking with Dink and Dunk, and D&D kept Ben upright. Then how the F did he get hurt?

The D&D used Miller as a receiving threat. That's fine but any team that has a TE leading in receiving yards with the WR corp we have is not using the WRs properly. Both AB and MW had over 1000 yds last year and we finished 12 - 4, with an ailing Ben.

Ben was never right when he came baqck? Sounds like an excuse to me. If he wasn't ready to play, I didn't see it. What I saw was a few key bad decisions with game on the line. I can't make this shit up man.

I'll give you the fact that the WRs dropped some balls and some folks fumbled away a few but Haley's inept O realy screwed us this year. 1st down - Run; 2nd down - Run; 3rd down pass is a disaster waiting to happen. D&D just won't get it done.
zcoop is offline   Reply With Quote