Thread: Ben=Bret
View Single Post
Old 12-25-2012, 04:18 AM   #9
Edman
Living Legend

Member Number: 3261
My Mood: Brooding
Default Re: Ben=Bret

Like I said in another topic, Ben cannot be trusted running an offense on his own. He is not cerebral enough. He is way too greedy and wants it all on every pass play. "Let Ben be Ben" results in more seasons like this. Like I said the year before last, Arians was only half of the problem with the offense. Ben is the other half.

When Haley put him on the "Short Passing Game" leash earlier this year, he was on pace for his most productive season yet, whenever we let him off the leash and "Let Ben be Ben", he started to stink. It's just not in Ben's head that taking what the D gives you leads to more success. Sandlot is in his blood. It's not going to be coached out of him, it needs to be gameplanned around. "Hey Ben, we did my way, and we've seen your way. We're doing it this way from now on."

It's time to stop fooling ourselves with this guy. He's not a Tom Brady type when he can counted on making smart decisions on his own. The coaching staff has to make the decisions for him. Time for the leash and he's not getting off of it.

Brett Favre only won a single Super Bowl with Green Bay for a reason. If this continues, the Steelers will never sniff #7 until Ben retires.

Last edited by Edman; 12-25-2012 at 04:30 AM.
Edman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Edman For This Useful Post:
EbonySteel86 (12-25-2012), ZoneBlitzer (12-25-2012)