harrison'samonster
Living Legend

Member Number: 17630
Thanked 9,627 Times in 3,923 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw
Default Re: Hire Arians!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikegrimey View Post
It's just bias, they decide they hate him and exaggerate his faults while trying to dismiss his successes as a product of being surrounded by talent. I'm not that huge of a fan either, I was glad when we dumped him as OC, but people are acting like every score or play we made during his 5 years here was in spite of him and all the bad plays/games were explicitly his fault. It's ridiculous.
I've probably said that before as a joke. I wouldn't seriously blame everything wrong on one person. I do agree with you though, I was glad to see him gone. He definitely did some good things while he was here, but I think we would have been better off without him.

I do believe though that being successful ultimately comes down to whether or not the players can execute, but the coaches have to take the fault when it's all over.