Old 12-25-2012, 10:41 AM   #55
defence
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 19128
Default Re: Madden: Ben's at fault, but he's not the only one

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersCanada View Post
Let's deal in facts, here.

Ben is 10 - 4 in postseason play, and has two Super Bowl rings and three appearances. Let's compare that to the other 'elite' quarterbacks in the NFL, shall we? Peyton is 9-10, Rodgers is 4-2, Brees is 5-4 and Eli is 8-3. Only Brady has a better postseason record than Benjamin right now and he has three rings which is telling. Sure, he doesn't play flashy or put up huge stats like those other guys, but he doesn't lose in the playoffs. He put this team on his back for the first half of the season and was single-handedly the reason why we were 6-3 and the hottest team in the NFL.

It's amazing what 7-8 will do to a franchise. One down year and we forget this is the same quarterback that brought us to three title games, winning two. This is the same guy that, since 2004, made us all believe we could win any game when he was at the helm.

Let's stop with the overreactions and freaking out, guys. One down season and we lose our minds - talk about being spoiled.
Thanks for a great read. To me it sounds like the majority of Steeler fans are very spoiled. I think everyone needs to take a breath and realize ; yes it was a bad season everywhere. Offence defence and coaching. But it is a game of inches. We could be easily on the other side in the playoffs or worse could be in tthe cellar. We are what we are; an 8 and 8 team. Ya i'm counting on them to trash the Browns. All the Ben haters; take a look at a team like the Jets. How many years have they wasted with Sanchez?? At least our boy has 3 superbowl showings and 2 rings. Last time I checked; we haven't done that since our last franchise qb; oh ya; they hated on him too!! Merry xmas guys
defence is online now   Reply With Quote