View Single Post
Old 12-25-2012, 12:39 PM   #3
SteelersCanada
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24400
Thanked 9,128 Times in 3,910 Posts
Default Re: Think About This

1. We could dress five because they're all capable of doing different things. Dwyer and Redman aren't consistent and a change of pace is absolutely necessary. Plus, Batch is a special teams captain - that's why he was dressed.

2. He was signed because Manny and AB were hurt. Plain and simple.

3. Disciplining running backs because they're fumbling and giving a middle finger to the organization is absolutely necessary. Dwyer was inconsistent, Redman fumbled multiple times in the redzone, Mendenhall did both of those things and basically told the Steelers to 'fuck off' without having to say anything.

4. We have three guys - arguably four - who are more talented than he is. He was signed for depth when people were injured.

5. This scheme was implemented when Ben was injured in an attempt to keep him safe. While it's a very lame and dumb excuse for the ridiculous playcalling, it's the reason none-the-less.

6. I don't know what this one means.

I'm not 100% sure what you meant after these six points, but I know that Burress was signed for depth and Batch was active a lot because he was a ST captain. We used him in the backfield few and far between.
SteelersCanada is online now   Reply With Quote