View Single Post
Old 12-25-2012, 08:01 PM   #32
Darkstorm05
Team Captain

Member Number: 19897
Default Re: Next week's "Wallce and Mendy pack their sh!7" bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelBobbleHead View Post
Aside from not utilizing the strength of the wide receivers, there we no plays designed to utilize Chris Rainey's speed. During the preseason they kept running the kid between the tackles. I feared for the kids health. I figured either A.) They are trying to set the tone for the Oline to be physical or B.) Trying to show Rainey how tough the NFL will be. Once the regular season rolled around they would surely try to get him in space right? Haley did great things with Jamaal Charles.
I don't remember any carries he got the hand off for outside runs. I also thought with the speed of the wide receiver core that some plays would be designed to get him matched up against a LB. There is not a LB in the league who could cover Rainey man to man on a wheel route or a seam route after Wallace drawed the safety out of the middle.I did not see any of these plays either.
His usage fell off after he got obliterated on that play that injured him. I think that hammered home the point that every time he runs he risks an injury and a fumble. I mean seriously, the hit that blew him up looked like he just had a Mortal Kombat style fatality performed on him. I was surprised his wasn't dead.
Darkstorm05 is offline   Reply With Quote