View Single Post
Old 12-25-2012, 11:58 PM   #9
TRH
Living Legend

Member Number: 17206
Default Re: Drew Butler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayz101 View Post
Dude, the line is CONSTANTLY getting their asses HANDED to them when it comes to punt blocking. The last time Drew actually took the time to punt his best, the ball was blocked, if i'm not mistaken. His last SEVERAL punts have been the product of getting that sonofabitch off his fut in a HURRY and NOT having it blocked! He's a rookie, and he's constantly punting out of his own endzone with little time to worry about accuracy and power. Give him a break. Most punters can't punt 65 yards from their 10.

agreed 100%.

I laughed when i would see people try and blame Butler for our problems and/or field position.
Our field position was already lost when our offense continually couldn't move the ball. This guy punted inside our 10 (or even inside the endzone) more than i care to remember. It was ridiculous.
On the other side of the field, the punt blocking was atrocious - as was the coverage getting down the field.
There's a HUNDRED things i'm MUCH more concerned with on this lousy team than our punter - who actually isn't too bad.
TRH is offline   Reply With Quote