Originally Posted by madtowndrunkard View Post
Here's the list of candidates I'd talk to:

Bill Cowher
Ken Whizenhunt
Dick Lebeau
Vic Fangio
Tom Clements
Keith Butler

I think every single one of these guys is more qualified to be a HC then Mike Tomlin... obviously the Rooney's don't look for experience..they look for personality. So not sure who else out there has that edge the Rooney's like..but I have to think there are plenty of candidates out there. That said, I wouldn't fire Tomlin this off season if I were the GM. I'd have a serious sit down with MIke... I'd make sure he realizes he needs to step it up...and I'd make sure he knows next year is do or die.
-Doubt Cowher wants to come back. He's had a lot of offers and seems to have declined them all. Plus, he sort of left on a bad note with the Rooneys.

-Whiz, not impressed. Good OC, not great HC.

-Lebeau has been a head coach before, and sucked at it. Plus, he's too old to take on any kind of permanent position like that. If he's DC next year, I guarantee it'll be his last.

The other 3 (aside from Butler) I don't know much about. Butler would probably be my pick out of any of the ones you mentioned.

I myself would stick with Tomlin though. And I agree that maybe he needs to step it up. I trust the Rooney's decision in this regard though.

http://forums.steelersfever.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=16666&dateline=1295313365
SteelCityMom is offline   Reply With Quote