View Single Post
Old 12-26-2012, 09:44 PM   #2
Justp94
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 21937
Default Re: Analyzing the Steelers by position for 2013

My Thoughts...

QB - Ben wasn't the same after his injury, but he'll bounce back next season.

RB - I say sign Mendenhall to a one year deal to give him a chance to be the back we all know he can be. I say keep Isaac Redman as he's like an Mewelde Moore back who can catch the ball and get yardage. I like Dwyer, but he needs to get in better shape, if he doesn't then we should let him go. But for now, I say we keep all of the backs we have and see what happens during Preseason.

FB - There's not many great Fullbacks in the league and finding a Lawrence Vickers isn't easy so unless there's one that catches your eye in the draft leave it alone.

WR - I say keep Mike Wallace for a one year deal to prove that he can be more than just a deep threat and that he can adapt to the new playbook. Work on Sanders ball handling skills and keep him at 3rd wide receiver just because of his athleticism and re-sign plaxico burress and implement him in more redzone situations.

TE- Draft a TE in the middle rounds because Heath isn't getting any younger and his backups aren't great. Heath is a great TE that has many years left to play, but coming off of this injury we'll need more depth at the TE position.

OL - I say we cut Willie Colon (3 times in the last 3 years he's ended up on the Season Ending reserve. Sign a left-Guard in the 2nd round and work from there. I'd also sign an offensive tackle for depth at that position as we don't know how long Starks will be able to last.

DL - Keisel is still good, but I'm hoping Ziggy Hood & Cameron Heyward can develop more so when he retires we have two starters at end.... Hampton is getting old and we should honestly put someone else at DT, maybe draft a DT in the 3rd round.

OLB - James Harrison wasn't 100% healthy this season and if he's not healthy next season then we should get rid of him, but we should let him get healthy over the offseason and see if he can get back in shape. Jason Worilds is pretty good and once Harrison is fully out of gas he should be the replacement.

ILB - If Larry Foote retires then we'd need Sean Spence to step in and we'd also need to draft a Inside Linebacker in the Middle rounds. Timmons has established himself as a top linebacker. I'm actually hoping Foote stays around for one more year, but gives Sean Spence some snaps to help him develop.

CB - Ike Taylor & Keenan Lewis are our two starting CBs, but I'd like us to draft a CB in the first round if there's a guy worth getting, another tall CB like Taylor and one that can develop over the next years and maybe take over the starting job from Lewis. I also think we need more depth at CB so we should draft some CBs in the 5th or 6th round as well. Cortez Allen is alright, and Van Dyke is okay at best.

S Both Clark & Polamalu are getting older, so we should draft a Safety in the 4th round. But they have many years to play, I know that for a fact.

I'm disappointed in this Steelers season, but everyone is being too harsh on Mendenhall & Wallace, one bad season you turn on them? You serious? What kind of fans are you?

Last edited by Justp94; 12-26-2012 at 10:12 PM.
Justp94 is offline   Reply With Quote