Old 12-27-2012, 03:09 AM   #85
ZoneBlitzer
Head Coach

Member Number: 16775
My Mood: Doubtful
Default Re: Madden: Ben's at fault, but he's not the only one

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCMom View Post
Oh wow...we're really going to take what Mark Madden has to say seriously?

His job is to stir the pot...seems like it worked well here.

One thing he is spot on with though, is that starting QB's are hated and blamed for everything in Pittsburgh. This thread is proof.

This isn't the first time the Steelers (with capable talent) have missed the playoffs, and it won't be the last.

The blame lies on the entire team, and coaching staff. I won't pick on Tomlin specifically. There are other coaches involved, and Cowher shit the bed more than Tomlin has so far...so calling to fire him is just a knee jerk reaction.

The team and coaches know what needs changed, and they'll do that. They'll be contenders next year, just like they were in '10 after missing the playoffs.
I think that it's time to acknowledge that the team is going through a major transition. Wholesale personnel changes are occurring. There are major voids opening up all over the place. There will be growing pains as new players get acclimated. It is likely that the team will no longer be as competitive in the division. The Bengals and Browns have amassed respectable young talent and are on the rise. The Steelers are a bit behind the times. They waited too long to address o- line issues. And they have settled for an underachieving offense for years. Efficiency and execution are not hallmark traits of Tomlin's team. With Ben in charge, it is based on improvisation that is losing its effectiveness in critical situations. There are foundational and fundamental issues with the offense which require restructuring from the ground up. I don't think that this time around they will be contenders. This may turn out to be the transition we've feared.
ZoneBlitzer is offline   Reply With Quote