SteelersCanada
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24400
Thanked 9,359 Times in 4,009 Posts
Default Re: TWO 1st Rd picks

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelfury02 View Post
Go watch a Cam Newton Press conference. I've been hating on Ben, but that guy would be more hated here than Kordell. UGH. At least Kordell ate his humble pie.
You're right - early on this year he was a sulking, babbling little baby after losses. Now that he has grown up and taken responsibility, his attitude has completely changed. He's not much different than Ben was early on in his career and under our coaching staff, he would excel. Imagine Cam behind our offensive line with guys like Pouncey, DeCastro, Gilbert and Adams. Then, throw in the talent we have at WR with a possible draft pick (Woods, Rogers) and this offense becomes a top 5 unit. We wouldn't even need a legitimate running back as they'd have to respect the read-option that Cam would bring.

Alright, granted, I could probably run Cam's fan club, but he's the most underrated player in the NFL right now. He doesn't have any help on offense and he's still making plays happen and winning games. He put the Panthers on his back and beat the Falcons - almost twice. He makes a lot of young guy errors, but he'll grow and improve. I'm tellin' ya, we bring Cam here and we win a title within two years.
SteelersCanada is offline   Reply With Quote