View Single Post
Old 12-27-2012, 07:40 PM   #2
rcornell
Water Boy

Member Number: 4013
Default Re: Browns vs Steelers Tailgate

Hi Folks,

I am driving down from Connecticut with my two boys and my neighbor for his weeks' Steeler game with Clevland and would love to catch up with you. We were down a few years ago and really enjoyed ourselves at your tailgate. We will look you up and bring some food, or drinks or $$$.

I got a good story for you about me and my neighbor. I was at our local Steeler's bar up here in Connecticut (along with the 30-40 usuals) when someone told me a "new guy from Pittburgh" was here. I introduced myself and he asked where in Pittburgh was I from. I told him "my folks were about an hour outside the city but I also had relatives in Penn Hills, Bethel Park, Dormont and Castle Shannon. He said "where in Castle Shannon" and I said "Myrtle Avenue". He asked "where on Myrtle Avenue ....". Turns out he lived two doors down from my uncle, his dad and my uncle were the oldest two members of the volunteer fire department and he delivered news papers to my uncle. We had a good laugh and then he asked where I lived now and I said "Norwalk". He said "where in Norwalk ..." .Turns out we live 5 house away. Small world in the Steeler Nation.
rcornell is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rcornell For This Useful Post:
SteelCurtainKop (04-28-2013), Stlrs4Life (12-29-2012)