View Single Post
Old 12-28-2012, 12:56 PM   #131
madtowndrunkard
Team Captain

Member Number: 11280
Default Re: Madden: Ben's at fault, but he's not the only one

Quote:
Originally Posted by kan_t View Post
The running game actually got far worse than last season. So much for running the football and it must be Ben's fault, not Haley.
Injuries and poor efficiency derailed the running game. Our running game was starting to look good - then the O-line started dropping like flies. When your offense does not score, you typically abandon the run because you are playing from behind... this and the injuries is what killed our running game.

Turnovers and poor play from our QB was the dagger to the heart of our offense... that is what happened in the 2nd half and that is exactly what caused our collapse. We all thought and hoped Ben was an older and wiser QB... that he could handle the responsibility of carrying the offense. Ben failed miserably at this ..and when he fell short he started pointing fingers at his coaches rather then step it up. Ben IMO quit... at the very least he failed to grow up and act like the leader he so desperately wants to be. His lack of maturity has been an issue his entire career... this season was no different.

If Ben doesn't believe in coach Haley and his system, then it's not going to work. I think we can all agree Ben basically said "fine, I'll do what ever you want...but It's not my fault when it fails" It was clear from the beginning that Ben was not "all in" and I think it's a part (not all) of the reasons our season was a total failure.

The other part: Poor coaching decisions...and to a lesser extent "injuries".

Either Ben grows up and gets behind Haley 100% or one of them has to go.
madtowndrunkard is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to madtowndrunkard For This Useful Post:
lloydwoodson (12-31-2012)