View Single Post
Old 12-29-2012, 08:01 PM   #29
Riddle_Of_Steel
Head Coach

Member Number: 13727
Default Re: Seriously, Tomlin? Why even play Ben...

Quote:
Originally Posted by OakmontMan View Post
There are too many that take sports more seriously than planning for their future and paying attention to the important things in life. It's a great distraction but should be only that. Kills me that Tebow gets demonized and Ben is all forgiven. Steelers deserve better.
Tebow gets demonized? I think you should try to play your "Delusions of Persecution" card elsewhere.

Tebow is the most popular guy in the media right now for doing....NOTHING. I have never seen a backup QB with the worst completion percentage in NFL history get so much attention for racking up a few wins against sub-par competition and doing some spotty commercials for God.

Everyone thinks Tebow is such a great guy-- but me personally? I think he toots his own horn far too much to exemplify the humble demeanor he advertises himself as having. Polamalu is a better example of how a Chsristian is supposed to live their life-- he does not have to use religion to make a spectacle out of himself.

Tebow is like any other celebrity-- egotistical and addicted to his own image. That's why he never pushed harder for playing time with the Jets- he knew is legendary status would be ddebunked if he had to start for a team that had no supporting cast to make up for his terrible play, like he had in Denver. He'd rather build the mysticism after-the-fact, of "how good could the Jets have been if they had started Timmy Tryhard", than to have actually been given the keys to that dumpster fire and been proven a fraud instead of "he just wins".

Look for the Tebow circus to join ranks with the Khan circus next year in Jacksonville (or whererever the Jaguars end up calling home).