Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 5,818 Times in 2,687 Posts
Default Re: Madden: Ben's at fault, but he's not the only one

Quote:
Originally Posted by madtowndrunkard View Post
If Ben doesn't believe in coach Haley and his system, then it's not going to work. I think we can all agree Ben basically said "fine, I'll do what ever you want...but It's not my fault when it fails" It was clear from the beginning that Ben was not "all in" and I think it's a part (not all) of the reasons our season was a total failure.

The other part: Poor coaching decisions...and to a lesser extent "injuries".

Either Ben grows up and gets behind Haley 100% or one of them has to go.
Joe Starkey of the Trib-Review says Ben definitely is not all in

Ode to a rotten season

Quotes of the year

• “Haley‘s offense is not a big-play offense; it‘s kind of a dink-and-dunk offense.” — Roethlisberger, two days before the game at Cincinnati.

Roethlisberger said that only to me, yet I read several media interpretations of what he meant and how he said it. Amazing.

Just know this: If you believe that Ben is a fan of “Haley‘s offense,” you‘re delusional. Ben doesn‘t like Haley‘s offense. Period. That doesn‘t mean it can‘t work. Doesn‘t mean Ben and Haley hate each other. Simply means Ben doesn‘t like Haley‘s offense. Any other account of the situation is wrong.

http://triblive.com/sports/joestarke...#axzz2GXgSBc36

FWIW Starkey's column is a nice overview of the many ways in which the 2012 Steelers were such a disappointment
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote