View Single Post
Old 12-30-2012, 05:41 PM   #16
PATS16N0
Brady Ball-Washer

Member Number: 20804
Default Re: Is wrong That I hate the Cheats more than the Rats

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelerchad View Post
They didn't lose a draft pick and get fined for nothing. Even though details were covered up nicely, the league knew they had to submit some kind of punishment as there was enough info out there to make the wins and SB's look tainted. Whether or not the outcomes were affected or not, we'll never know for sure, so yeah they are a little tainted in my mind.
In the NFL, with 2 closely matched playoff caliber teams, it only takes 1 or 2 plays to swing the advantage one way or the other. Knowing the plays that were coming would certainly provide that advantage.
Yes, they got fined for having an employee at Metlife taping a Jets practice.
Let me repeat that.

They were fined and penalized for having an employee taping a Jets practice. Patriots Employee. Jets Practice. Video camera.

They were not fined for cheating, or rigging three Superbowls, or rigging three entire seasons of A-grade football. If was used as a weapon by NY based media to drop the Patriots down a peg, and by overblowing the story, they turned a simple NFL rule infraction (let me repeat, NFL rule infraction, not NFL GAME rules) into some fantasy where all the Patriots Superbowls are tainted because the Patriots had secret insight into every play being called, every game, and called some rock-beats-scissors counter-play for it.

All teams were warned by the NFL the year before "Spygate" because all teams were doing it. Both Jimmy Johnson and Pittsburgh's own Bill Cowher have validated this.

The Patriots weren't taping the Jets because it helped the win games.

The Patriots were taping the Jets because Belichick is a master troll.
PATS16N0 is offline   Reply With Quote