View Single Post
Old 12-30-2012, 11:18 PM   #59
lloydwoodson
Head Coach

Member Number: 23495
Default Re: If not Ben, then who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoFor7 View Post
I noticed you didn't post the playoff achievements of O'Donnell and Stewart. I don't know why you would leave those out....

Were you in the group that wanted Bradshaw out of town back in the early 80's? Bet you were really happy when you got your wish.

Really? The Steelers have won with any QB not named Tommy Maddox? It must be really hard for you to count to zero. You sound angry that the team from the 90's didn't win anything, and then came along Ben and the Steelers won #5 in his second year.

Ben may not have been the sole reason the Steelers finally ended their super bowl drought, but he sure as well was the piece that finally got them over the hump. Brady didn't exactly light it up in all of his super bowls, and Eli Manning got MVP because he's a New York QB. Now you can choose to be butthurt about the team in the 90's not winning anything without a star QB, or you can be happy the Steelers aren't one of the teams starting journeyman QBs anymore.
I wasn't born when Bradshaw was "kicked out" of Pittsburgh, Grandpa.

I became a fan in '94. I didn't need the Steelers to win a superbowl to be a fan and I remained a fan for the 11 years they went without.

I watch the Steelers for what I perceived to be their blue-collar approach to football under Cowher. A huge part of being blue collar is not whining. Roethlisberger whines incessantly- I can't stand it. STFU and do your job. The rest of us would be fired in a heartbeat for criticising the boss let alone criticising the boss's company to the media.

You will never hear Ford's CFO telling media that the CEO is running the company into the ground. Ben gets paid like a CFO/CEO and I would like to see him act professionally.

All of the rookie quarterbacks drafted, starting and leading their teams to the playoffs this year are more mature than Ben. The Steelers could draft a high school phenom who skips college and plays Super Mario all day in tiger pyjamas and he would be more mature than Ben.

1. Teegre 2. Hawaii 5-0 3. Buddha Bus 4. Tony Hipchest 5. Harrison's a Monster
lloydwoodson is offline   Reply With Quote