Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24108
Thanked 17,495 Times in 7,392 Posts
My Mood: Dead
Default Re: Steelers will select 17th in 2013 NFL Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricco Suavez View Post
If this was a perfect world we would of picked Brady in the 7th round the year he came out. All I am saying is unless a team does its homework and sometimes even if they do (you cannot predict injuries or just plain stupid) there are no guarantees. If early picks was the end all of success then the Lions, Browns, and Jaguars would of been to the SB by now. Some of you just cant be happy with a win, even if it cost us an earlier pick, I want my team to win and I look forward to seeing how the draft turns out. BTW i will likely wait at least 3-5 years before I declare anyone a bust as long as they are still on the roster.
I hear you... but...

In 2007, Tomlin was not a fan of FWP. He wanted another RB. At #15, Tomlin didn't have the ammo to trade up for AP. BUT, if the Steelers had been picking at #11, they would have likely gone after AP.

Likewise, assuming that Te'o is "the in pick", the Steelers might have traded up from 11 to 5 (unlikely, but possible), but they will not trade up from 17 to 5 (out of the question).

Make sense?

But, trust me: I get what you are saying: for every N-Donkeykong Suh, they is a Geno Atkins drafted in R4.
teegre is offline   Reply With Quote