View Single Post
Old 12-31-2012, 01:53 PM   #24
GMU Steeler
Living Legend

Member Number: 16173
Default Re: Now... for whom to root?

Hmmm let me go over these team by team.
AFC
1.) Broncos- Wouldn't kill me I guess if they won. Yes, they've given our team a hard time the past two years. But I like Peyton and I like teams that play outside.
2.) Patriots: Forget about it. I hate them.
3.) Texans: Probably the least offensive option in the AFC. Too bad they've got a good chance to be eliminated in Round 1.
4.) Ravens: See the Pats- forget about it but especially because they're a division rival.
5.) Colts: It wouldn't totally bother me. Luck's a good kid and Pagano's a nice story.
6.) Bengals: See the Ravens and Pats, no way would I root for a division rival to win the whole thing. Though Dalton-Green annoys me less than Palmer-Johnson did because they seem more likable.
So AFC: Texans
NFC
1.) Falcons: Really wouldn't bother me. Ryan's a good kid but this team always seems to choke when it matters.
2.) Niners: Do not want for the simple reason that they'd have six SB wins and the Harbaugh factor. Other than that, they really don't bother me.
3.) Packers: I don't hate or dislike them but meh.
4.) Redskins: I don't even dislike their players outside of Deangelo Hall but their fans are insufferable and acting like they're the greatest thing ever now. So yes I admit it, I rooted for the Cowboys last night simply because of that.
5.) Seahawks: I'd find it easy to root for them if their fans weren't like the Redskins insufferable but I like Russell Wilson and feel bad that he seems to be the forgotten story. No disrespect to RGIII but I think Wilson is an even better story.
6.) Vikings: Run Adrian Run. Seriously I know nothing about these guys outside of Peterson who is having a year to remember.
So NFC- Falcons
Texans-Falcons SB: I'd root for a great game but ultimately the Texans to come out on top to give the AFC some pride. Really wish our guys were in it even if as the sixth seed.
GMU Steeler is offline   Reply With Quote