Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 8,397 Times in 3,686 Posts
Default Re: Hire Whisenhunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntingteacher View Post
I'm not sold on Haley. He made a mess of a good offense this year. R/B and W/R's became head cases this year. They either felt too much pressure to perform, or didn't prepare well for games. Rothliesburger has scars on his tongue from after game interviews. He is not sold either... The offense never ran better than under Whisenhunt.
For anyone who may have a short memory, Roethlisberger does not agree

Whisenhunt said the quarterback's June 2006 motorcycle crash may have contributed to his down season that year. Partly because of Roethlisberger's struggles, the Steelers started 2-6 after winning the Super Bowl and missed the playoffs.

Whisenhunt's comments seemed innocuous it was evident Roethlisberger wasn't the player in 2006 he was during the Super Bowl year but they apparently touched a nerve with a player known for his competitiveness.

"I don't agree with Whis. There were a lot of things I didn't agree with Whis about, and that's another one," Roethlisberger said at the time. "I had a bad year. I'm sure Whis had a bad year once in his career."

Before the Steelers and Cardinals played early in the 2007 season, Roethlisberger said he felt restrained in a Whisenhunt-coached offense that he felt limited his passing attempts, especially his downfield throwing.

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/sport...isenhunt_N.htm

Roethlisberger has made it clear that he doesn't care for Whisenhunt's methods or his play calling. He said he disagreed with his former offensive coordinator on a lot of things during their time in Pittsburgh. He called Whisenhunt's offense "predictable." He even sympathized with Matt Leinart when the Cardinals' former starting quarterback was enduring some tough love from the coaching staff.

Neither man acknowledged the other when the Steelers came to Glendale in 2007. No handshakes, no hugs, nothing. The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reports that new Steelers coach Mike Tomlin even met with Roethlisberger before that game, just to make sure his quarterback didn't say anything else outrageous.

http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarepu...ckley0127.html
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Atlanta Dan For This Useful Post:
AndyWitmyer (12-31-2012)