SteelersCanada
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24400
Thanked 9,081 Times in 3,893 Posts
Default Re: Lovie Smith Fired - Let's Grab Him as Defensive Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomJB93 View Post
I still don't understand people classify Worilds as a wasted pick. Or Chris Carter after one season. Just because they didn't come in and immediately play at an All-Pro level and unseat Harrison doesn't mean they're busts.

Worilds was second on the team in sacks with 5, one behind Harrison and Timmons and one more than Woodley, and that was with limited playing time and maybe half a season or less of starts (IDK the number off the top of my head).

Anyway, IDK how Lovie would do as a DC since he seems to specialize in the 4-3. I'd trust him with a 3-4 but it's no guarantee and I only consider bringing him in if Lebeau retires.
He got 5 sacks playing as the LOLB, or Woodley's position. Have you seen him line up as the ROLB? He's useless. He's utterly useless. So, we have one great LOLB who struggled with injuries and weight - which is inexcusable, by the way - and one that's decent enough as a backup. Great, we don't have a ROLB to line up behind, and now replace Harrison and that's a situation that needs fixing.

He specializes in the 4-3, but I feel sure he could do fine in a 3-4 ZB scheme. That, or change the scheme.
SteelersCanada is offline   Reply With Quote