steeltheone
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 6351
Default Re: Next Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by teegre View Post
Thank you for this thread.

Too much "woulda, shoulda, coulda" and "Fire (person)!!!" threads.

WALLACE
The dude bugged me to no end this year, but I still think that he gets resigned. The Steelers have repeatedly stated that their primary goal is to re-sign him... and I see it being given a legitimate attempt. I see him (finally) accepting that original offer: 5 years, $50 million.

KEENAN LEWIS
He is priority #1 in "my" mind. I think that eh is more important than Wallace... but, I think that he is the second FA that they target (after Wallace). 5 years, $37 million.

DRAFT
NT is debatable. So is LG (if The Colon i released, then LG could be a target).

OLB should be addressed, and ILB could be addressed.

Both safety positions need to be addressed, and this is the year to do it (although, I only see one being drafted this year).

CB... I like the CBs, but only if Keenan is brought back. Ike has one more year in him, and Keenan & Cortez are the future. Curtis Brown has shown flashes of being capable, but also moments of WTF!?! I could see a late-round CB being taken, to fill in and/or fight for the fourth CB spot.

RUNNING BACKS
I am not a fan of Spinny, but he has moments where he looks great. Dwyer I like, but he can not play an entire series, let alone an entire game. Redman has shown flashes.

The options appear to be: "RB by committee" or "draft a full-time starter."

I say use the RB by committee for one more year, and draft Marcus Lattimore (& rest him for a year). Why? AP came back better... and Lattimore's knee injury was twice as bad... so... he should come back twice as good (like 2,300 yards... right?).

There is some tongue in cheek, but I am quasi-serious about Lattimore.
Where does this 87 million come from?