View Single Post
Old 12-31-2012, 09:55 PM   #15
lloydwoodson
Head Coach

Member Number: 23495
Default Re: The Myth of Terry Bradshaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricco Suavez View Post
I must be all wrong, here I was judging players by if they helped my team win SBs. Cant put up any numbers to please the masses, only wins count, but if wins aren't enough they it must be about the points. Which is it. Wins, points, Stats, playoff wins, SB wins, Comeback wins, which is it?
I want wins. I want Roethlisberger reined in just as Haley is doing. I want an offense that relies more on short passes. The Steelers choose passing plays a higher percentage of the time than the Pats, Broncos or Packers. The teams with the elite quarterbacks still run responsible offenses that try to move the chains without turning the ball over. The Pats offense is the best in the league and is all short passes.

The consensus on these boards seems to be that the offense is faltering because Ben isn't throwing enough. It is an absurd position. The offense is faltering due to injuries and Ben's regression. At the beginning of the season Ben was releasing the ball quickly. After he got hurt he was forcing plays and holding onto the ball. When Ben is stressed he tries to do too much. Period.

The 6 teams who threw the ball the most are out of the playoffs. 4 of the 5 teams who ran the most are in the playoffs. The Niners only pass 47% of the time and they were my choice to win the superbowl until they started a qb controversy.

Get back to Steelers football! Steelers football will ALWAYS be establish the run/stop the run. Period! How insane to hear people criticize the Steelers for lack of identity! There is ONE Steelers identity and it was established by Franco Harris, Joe Greene, Jack Lambert, Jerome Bettis, Hines Ward etc.

Even our WRs hit! That is the Steelers way!

1. Teegre 2. Hawaii 5-0 3. Buddha Bus 4. Tony Hipchest 5. Harrison's a Monster
lloydwoodson is offline   Reply With Quote