View Single Post
Old 01-01-2013, 12:04 AM   #23
lloydwoodson
Head Coach

Member Number: 23495
Default Re: The Myth of Terry Bradshaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricco Suavez View Post
Wake up and smell the coffee, its 2012, soon to be 2013, Please name the six teams that passed the ball the most, and while you do I will name Atlanta 615, Colts 628, Patriots 641, Broncos 588, Surprise they have QBs that you are in love with. But now you want the run, OK I would like it too, just how could we have run better? We do not have a Gore like SF, or a AP like the Vikings, or even a rookie combination like RGIII and Morris. You want Steeler ball, no surprise to me since you grew up during the Cowher years, guess what there is no Bettis here, there is no great Oline yet. We ran the ball at an anemic rate, but hey I understand its our QB that is holding back the run game but not the guy designing the plays. BTW this year there may be more run oriented teams but last years SB had the two most prolific passing teams as far as attempts.
The Packers are 15th in pass play %, the Pats and Broncos are 20th and 21st respectively. The Steelers are 13th. Do the other teams get more attempts? Sure because they are actually able to sustain drives. The Steelers run more passing plays per attempt than the teams that actually have an elite qb THE DIFFERENCE IS THE OTHER QBS ACTUALLY SUSTAIN DRIVES. Needed to point out my main point since reading comprehension is low on this board.

The Steelers have not had a solid run game since Whisenhunt left. Arians and Tomlin decided to "arm Ben with weapons." The entire Steeler philosophy has been hijacked to appease Ben. They only last year started focusing on the OL.

If Mendenhall had been healthy this year and Tomlin had not engaged in a pissing match with him; the Steelers would have had a viable rushing attack. "Haley didn't have a ground game with 6th round picks running behind an inexperienced line- get rid of Haley!"

1. Teegre 2. Hawaii 5-0 3. Buddha Bus 4. Tony Hipchest 5. Harrison's a Monster
lloydwoodson is offline   Reply With Quote