View Single Post
Old 01-01-2013, 01:50 AM   #34
Edman
Living Legend

Member Number: 3261
My Mood: Brooding
Default Re: The Myth of Terry Bradshaw

Yes, Ben is who he is. I've come to accept that. He's no leader. He's no elite quarterback. He's just a guy, and doesn't belong in the discussion with the league greats. He's better than the crap before him, but he's not on Bradshaw's level and the top-line level QB's.

The Rooneys watch the team and see the games and they know what they have at hand. The five year experiment with Arians' vertical passing game said the whole thing. Yeah, Two more SB appearances (With Ben playing mediocre in both of them) says it all. That's why Haley was brought in. Back to 2004/2005-Era Steelers Football. Ben does his thing while the rest of the team does the rest. I don't think the Rooneys care if Ben likes it or not.

Ben has been given loads of opportunities to shine in a vertical passing offense, the Steelers HAVE brought in and even drafted weapons for him to succeed, and the production had remained the same. Inconsistency, Loads of sacks, poor red zone efficiency, and bad scoring. This is in an era of Goodell-ball where Defenses are gimped and Offenses have had many opportunities to thrive.

Last edited by Edman; 01-01-2013 at 11:50 AM.
Edman is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Edman For This Useful Post:
lloydwoodson (01-01-2013), plenewken (01-02-2013)