Old 01-01-2013, 08:37 AM   #30
pczach
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24694
Thanked 9,848 Times in 3,818 Posts
My Mood: Amused
Default Re: 364/575, 4,179 yards, 33 TD, 10 INT

Please name the great offensive linemen in front of Ben. Please list the dominant wide receivers he has had to throw to. Please list the dominant runners he has had to carry things for this team. If you give me an answer to any of these questions, you are lying through your teeth.

You have a team with the #1 defense in football, and you have an elite QB. You also have one of the worst offensive lines in football, average, at best, running backs, and the most overrated corp of receivers in the league. So here's what the great offensive mind did....he built the offense around the running game. Early in the year, they got enough done because Ben was playing at an extremely high level. He led the NFL in 3rd down conversion percentage. Ben was carrying the team in spite of an ineffective running game. He constantly overcame two ineffective runs on third down. And please, don't tell me they threw on first down because they fired a ball behing the line of scrimmage for a WR screen. It counts in the stats, but that is not throwing the ball down field. When Ben got hurt, he came backk not able to carry the team. Other teams started jumping every short route, and some interceptions happened. The Steelers had no other options that worked. It's really not that complicated.
pczach is offline   Reply With Quote