View Single Post
Old 01-01-2013, 10:38 AM   #7
steelfury02
Wing Kong Exchange - CEO
Supporter

Member Number: 6076
Thanked 4,133 Times in 1,983 Posts
My Mood: Fine
Default Re: An Apology to Arians! I Was Wrong!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersCanada View Post
I'm sorry, did you just compare the St. Louis Rams to the New England Patriots? Let's break that down for a second. The Rams have Sam Bradford as their staring Quarterback and the Patriots have arguably the best Quarterback to ever take a snap.

It's not hard to call plays for Brady. Most of the time he'll just audible out of it and call his own plays. The Pats are most successful when they're in the 2 minute offense and Brady is calling his own plays and running the offense.

You have to realize that this comparison is ridiculous. Anyone could coordinate for Brady and put up fucking insane numbers. He's - in my opinion - the best Quarterback to ever do it and you're bringing up the fact that Ben can't put up similar numbers? For the love of God you have to realize that this isn't even a lucid comparison.

Also, Ben is an underachieving Quarterback? He has two Super Bowl rings. What the fuck else does this guy have to do to earn respect from the fans in this town? Ask 30 other teams if they want Roethlisberger and they'd jump at the chance. I'm in shock that there's a sect of Steelers fans that actually think like this. It's absolutely ridiculous.

Lloyd, we've started to agree on a lot of things recently but this is laughable.
I'll chime in, cause you all really wanted me to

IMO - Ben isn't under-achieving, he's just plateaued. If you want the offense to do more, he does in fact have to "tweak" something, and that includes his gun-slinging, live by the sword, die by the sword attitude. If you want the rest of his career to be Brett Favreish then rock on.

Look into my eyes
SF Haters
steelfury02 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to steelfury02 For This Useful Post:
austinfrench76 (01-01-2013), ZoneBlitzer (01-01-2013)