View Single Post
Old 01-01-2013, 01:04 PM   #25
Ricco Suavez
Head Coach

Member Number: 7718
Default Re: An Apology to Arians! I Was Wrong!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lloydwoodson View Post
Yeah my true opinion is a lot more moderate than I pretend. I like playing devil's advocate and I also feel you have to fight fire with fire some times. A lot of good dialogue has come from my persistent agitation.

I think Haley is more than willing to throw the ball when required. Ben was throwing the ball 36 times per game. That is a lot. The difference is TEs and RBs are now targeted much more often. I expect another TE and RB to be drafted on day 2.

The defense is not as good as it was. Harrison and Polamalu carried the D for a lot of years and they are fading. It is damn lucky that Timmons is stepping up now and it looks like C Allen will also. Turnovers are huge issue but they won't be generated without a better pass rush. LeBeau did a nice job dialing up inside pressure but the OLBs have to produce! (GoFor7 saying Woodley is so fat he is going to start at NT was really funny but don't tell him I said anything nice about him).
Well you do play a good Devils Advocate, and I know that most of your comments about Ben do not stem from me., just as most of mine are not directed to you. Its just this Ben has done nothing for this organization that chaps my butt. He is not a top 3-4 QB but he is what we have and he has had success on his own that is not tied directly to the defense every time. I feel Ben and TB are more alike than we think in that the longer Ben is retire he will be remembered more fondly than he was during his playing days.
Ricco Suavez is offline   Reply With Quote