View Single Post
Old 01-01-2013, 01:07 PM   #12
silver & black
Team President

Member Number: 1836
Default Re: Black Monday reactions

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersCanada View Post
Do you think you're going to get it done with Palmer or is the better option for success someone like Terrelle Pryor? Or are neither the answer and you have to draft a quarterback in the first round again?

I'm curious as to what the Raiders are going to do to rebuild because I don't know exactly what their plans are with Carson Palmer.
I was not happy when Hue traded our picks away for Palmer. I still hate the trade, but Palmer has played well for us. I think we have to stick with Palmer for another year or two. Pryor is definitely a special athlete, but I'm not convinced he can be an NFL QB. I think he's better than Leinart, though.

Getting rid of Knapp was/is huge. It means we will probably go back to a power blocking scheme. McFadden hated the ZBS and he really shines in a power scheme.

Both lines need attention. We need CB's badly. It's going to take a few drafts and a few years to be competetive again, but I think the Raiders will be back.

Mark is staying out of the football end of things, and letting Reggie run it .....unlike his father.. As you know, the Raiders have never been run in a conventional manner. It will be interesting to see what happens now that things are a bit more "normal".
silver & black is online now   Reply With Quote