View Single Post
Old 01-01-2013, 07:24 PM   #63
GoFor7
Banned

Member Number: 24211
Default Re: Hire Whisenhunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by lardlad View Post

The philosophies are not the issue. If you don't like the way the Rooneys run the team that is fine, but there is nothing the front office does that makes half your starters hurt half the season or turn the ball over constantly. If the offense holds onto the ball and the running game didn't suck, no one is considering turning the franchise upside down and start over. Despite being 8-8, they take care of the ball and they are playing this week.

Also I am not sure why you complain about 'yinzer nation' because they have even less or zero to do with the outcomes of these game. And thank god ownership doesn't listen to the fans.

Rooneys run a tight ship and probably only a couple other franchises have been so successful.
I'm not saying the Steelers need to "start over", I'm just saying if you want more offensive production, stop fretting over time of possession and put more emphasis on scoring.

Quote:
No, Art wants them to run more effectively, and play solid football, which you oppose at every opportunity. 8-8 is Tomlin ball, and hopefully they are noticing the direction the team is heading under him.
And their definition of "solid football" is playing close to the vest on offense and relying heavily on defense - ala not many points on offense. So unless Tomlin and Haley took what Artie said to extreme measures, this seems to be the kind of football management wants. Don't get upset every time Ben can't bail the team out from it's own stubbornness.
GoFor7 is offline   Reply With Quote