fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984
Thanked 1,423 Times in 514 Posts
Default Re: Now... for whom to root?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeromeBetties63 View Post
I am a lifelong Steeler fan. I think the Steeler's deserved that Super Bowl. But if you don't admit that there were some garbage calls against the Hawks, you are a blind homer. That is a city that has never won an NFL title. To feel like you had your shot severely impacted by refs would hack anyone off. I cut them some slack.

Plus, I'm sorry but that article was written by a naive soccer mom who doesn't have a clue about the passion of sports and what happens when you wear enemy colors into another stadium. It's a whiney article. I am not justifying the behavior, I am just saying, wake up, and welcome to the real world.
I wouldn't have nearly as much of a problem with it if they saved their vitriol for Leavy and his crew and laid off the Steelers as an organization, the Rooneys, and Jerome Bettis. I'm beyond sick and fucking tired of their pissing and moaning about some bullshit conspiracy where the Rooneys bought off the refs so the Bus could win the Super Bowl in his hometown.

Here's another slice of reality: NFL officiating sucks. For everybody. And has for as long as I can remember.

And finally, as far as them winning it all is concerned, you do have a point. Maybe if they did win it all they might finally shut the fuck up about it.
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote