View Single Post
Old 01-01-2013, 10:22 PM   #36
cowherpower
Banned

Member Number: 24556
Default Re: Will Steelers Be Able To Keep FA CB Keenan Lewis?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lloydwoodson View Post
"Only two cornerbacks in the NFL have been targeted more than Lewis, but the big, physical defensive back has excelled this year. Lewis has allowed only 5.62 YPA and a 74.9 passer rating in 2012. With cornerback Ike Taylor out, Cortez Allen has also been thrust into the starting lineup. The 5.84 YPA and 80.0 passer rating he’s yielded are right on par with Lewis.

If there’s a weak spot in Pittsburgh’s secondary, it’s nickel corner Curtis Brown. In limited action, Brown has allowed a 75.0 completion percentage, 9.67 YPA, and a passer rating of 132.6. Look for the Cowboys to utilize three-receiver sets, whether they want to run or pass, to get Brown on the field."

Found this on the Dallas Cowboys site. Hope it sheds some light on our cbs for you. Lewis is actually pretty good.
There is a reason he is targeted so much. Because like William Gay, he cannot stay with the receivers. I watch every game and DVR for slow motion and nothing anyone says will make me believe he is much more than average. He will be 27 next season and will be expecting too much money if yours and some others opinions of him dictate his demands. The only corner they have drafted who I thought could be special was Crezdon Butler but he was jettisoned for some reason. There are only a handful of teams with worse secondaries than us.

Sure statistically you can point to them being good but they had a very easy schedule against non elite offenses. Both Lewis and Allen are average in coverage, both aren't that fast, and as shown by their lack of INT as a group, they along with the others fail to get the turnovers. If we don't draft cb, or safety with our first rounder we are in serious trouble. Troy is done, Ike had his worst season and the cupboard is bare
cowherpower is offline   Reply With Quote