View Single Post
Old 01-01-2013, 11:52 PM   #37
kan_t
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 21653
Default Re: Will Steelers Be Able To Keep FA CB Keenan Lewis?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowherpower View Post
There is a reason he is targeted so much. Because like William Gay, he cannot stay with the receivers. I watch every game and DVR for slow motion and nothing anyone says will make me believe he is much more than average. He will be 27 next season and will be expecting too much money if yours and some others opinions of him dictate his demands. The only corner they have drafted who I thought could be special was Crezdon Butler but he was jettisoned for some reason. There are only a handful of teams with worse secondaries than us.

Sure statistically you can point to them being good but they had a very easy schedule against non elite offenses. Both Lewis and Allen are average in coverage, both aren't that fast, and as shown by their lack of INT as a group, they along with the others fail to get the turnovers. If we don't draft cb, or safety with our first rounder we are in serious trouble. Troy is done, Ike had his worst season and the cupboard is bare
Easy schedule or not, they have the No.1 passing defense for a reason, and I know the reason is not the pass rush. Lewis doesn't have good hands but he is clearly an above average CB this season. Allen has also shown that he could be a play-maker when he was given oppurtunities in the last few games .

Also I don't know how you could you draw the conclusion that Troy is done after watching the last two game he played. Injury-prone? Yes. But he's far from being done.
kan_t is offline   Reply With Quote