Join Date: May 2012
Member Number: 24108
Thanked 22,870 Times in 9,340 Posts
The Steelers hold the 17th pick. I know that QBs and WRs will creep higher in the draft than they really should; so, there will be five "skill" position guys that sneak into the top 17… which will push 12 other players that the Steelers want right down towards them… in other words, leaving plenty of options for the Steelers. Please, post your "top 17" players. And, of course, please highlight:
a) which player who you hope makes a "DeCastro type of drop"
b) which player you REALLY want (realistically)
c) which player is most "likely" to be the actual pick.
Will go, but not for Steelers:
1. Geno Smith, QB, WVU
2. Matt Barkley, QB, USC
3. Keenan Allen, WR, Cal
4. Mike Glennon, QB, NC St.
5. Tyler Wilson, QB, Arkansas
Possible Steelers picks:
6. Manti Te'o, ILB, ND (A - hope he drops)
7. Jarvis Jones, OLB, Georgia
8. Demontre Moore, OLB, Texas A&M
10. Star Lotulelei, NT, Utah
11. Bjoern Werner, OLB, Florida St.
12. Dion Jordan, OLB, Oregon
13. Alec Ogletree, ILB, Georgia
14. Kenny Vaccaro, SS, Texas (C - I think that he will be the actual pick)
15. Barkevious Mingo, OLB, LSU
"Could" be the pick, depending on The Colon (& whether Gilbert switches to LG and/or if Starks returns):
16. Chance Warmack, LG, Alabama
17. Luke Joekel, LT, Texas A&M
18. Tyler Lewan, LT, Michigan
19. Barrett Jones, LT/LG, Alabama
It might be a tad high, but I really want:
20. Matt Elam, SS, Florida (B - I really want this kid to be a Steeler)